End-to-end QoS deployment ideas for Cisco Catalyst sequence switches
- Examine a number of QoS elements, together with congestion administration, congestion avoidance, shaping, policing/admission keep an eye on, signaling, hyperlink potency mechanisms, and class and staining
- Map unique classification of provider (CoS) values to varied queues and keep CoS values by utilizing 802.1q tagging at the Cisco Catalyst 2900XL, 3500XL and Catalyst 4000 and 2948G/2980G CatOS relations of Switches
- Learn approximately type and rewrite services and queue scheduling at the Cisco Catalyst 5000
- Implement ACLs, ACPs, ACEs, and low-latency queuing at the Cisco Catalyst 2950 and 3550 relations of Switches
- Understand type, policying, and scheduling services of the Catalyst 4000 and 4500 IOS relations of Switches
- Configure QoS in either Hybrid and local mode at the Catalyst 6500 relations of Switches
- Utilize Layer three QoS to categorise various degrees of provider with the Catalyst 6500 MSFC and Flexwan
- Understand the right way to practice QoS in campus community designs through analyzing end-to-end case studies
Quality of carrier (QoS) is the set of recommendations designed to regulate community assets. QoS refers back to the potential of a community to supply higher provider to chose community site visitors over a variety of LAN and WAN applied sciences. the first objective of QoS is to supply circulate precedence, together with committed bandwidth, managed jitter and latency (required by way of a few interactive and delay-sensitive traffic), and greater loss characteristics.
While QoS has develop into an important expertise for these organisations rolling out a brand new iteration of community functions comparable to real-time voice communications and high quality video supply, lots of the literature to be had in this origin know-how for present and destiny company purposes specializes in IP QoS. both vital is the applying of QoS within the campus LAN setting, that's basically chargeable for providing site visitors to the desktop.
Cisco Catalyst QoS is the 1st e-book to pay attention solely at the software of QoS within the campus surroundings. This sensible consultant provide you with perception into the operation of QoS at the most well liked and greatly deployed LAN units: the Cisco Catalyst relations of switches. Leveraging the authors' huge services at Cisco within the help of Cisco Catalyst switches and QoS deployment, the ebook provides QoS from the campus LAN standpoint. It explains why QoS is key during this atmosphere which will in attaining a extra deterministic habit for site visitors whilst enforcing voice, video, or different delay-sensitive purposes. via architectural overviews, configuration examples, real-world deployment case reports, and summaries of universal pitfalls, you are going to know how QoS operates, the several elements keen on making QoS attainable, and the way QoS could be applied at the a number of Cisco Catalyst systems to allow actually profitable end-to-end QoS applications.
This ebook is a part of the Networking know-how sequence from Cisco Press, which bargains networking pros beneficial details for developing effective networks, knowing new applied sciences, and construction winning careers.